Saturday, January 13, 2007

I've been thinking a lot lately...

...about WHY I believe in God. I can't see Him. I can't audibly hear Him. I can't touch Him. And yet I know He is real.

Why, though? Why do I believe in God?

The best – and only – answer I can give to that is I see His hand on my life. I hear the voice of the Holy Spirit in my spirit. I can feel Him holding me and guiding me when I need comfort or direction.

Thinking about this has made me see even more "God moments" in the past few weeks. I believe we all have these kinds of moments, and we can choose to see them as coincidence or just random acts of the universe, or we can see God's hand in them. I see them as God's hand on my life because I believe that He truly cares for me in the big and little things.

Some of them are serious, like the additional blessings we received after making the tough decision to tithe a large amount of gift money we received.

Some are goofy, like my belief that God intentionally had us receive 27 Christmas cards because He knew that it would drive me nuts (and make me laugh at His humor) to not have a nice number like 26 that would allow us to pray for each family twice during the year!

Some are spiritual, like the way that God lead me to pick up Praying God's Word the day after an intense small group where we talked about relying on God's grace for change in our lives rather than our own strength.

But each one – big or little – reminds me and strengthens my belief that not only is there a God but also that He cares for me and loves me intimately.

No comments: